As featured on
Jazmine Soto passes 2,000-point milestone in Spartans win
Another year, another record broken for Jazmine Soto.
Congratulations are once again in order for the Strathmore High School junior who broke the 2,000-point milestone with a 37-point performance in the Spartans’ 66-31 win over Farmersville (4-7,0-2 ESL) Friday.
Entering the home game with 1,987 points, Soto surpassed 2,000 points, scoring on a layup to give her 2,001 points with 8.5 seconds left in the quarter. The game was stopped and then Soto took center court by herself before being honored by Strathmore coach Richard Miranda and then greeted by her parents, Tony and Allison.
Prior to the game, Soto talked about her season and her scoring records on Thursday. She admitted it was a nice feat to accomplish but had other things on her mind to accomplish with the Spartans (17-2, 3-0 ESL).
- Immigration agency subpoenas Oregon county over 2 inmates
- Songwriter and 'Good Times' actress Ja'Net DuBois dies
- Neville wants England to be 'biggest threat' to Americans
- LeBron: MLB's Manfred needs to listen to players' Astros ire
- Atlético Madrid edges Liverpool 1-0 in Champions League
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- LA bans use of exotic, wild animals for entertainment
- Driver who hit Oklahoma runners gets 3rd manslaughter charge
Friends to Follow
- Visalia gang members convicted of violent felonies
- Wanted shooter from Tipton arrested in Santa Cruz
- Three arrested on slew of theft charges
- Making history: Cardinals competing at Nationals
- Over twenty people arrested for welfare fraud in Tulare County
- Sierra View makes plans to prepare for coronavirus
- Fugazzis hopes to open in Porterville by end of this week
- Tulare County’s Top 10 Wanted List updated
- Outright Champs
- Boys Wrestling: Marauders fall one win short of Valley title