- Flood victims from 2010 win lawsuit
- $299,000 verdict against two railroads
- KELLI BALLARD
- December 19, 2010, the Buddy Hatcher family woke up to a house full of water, and this past Friday, nearly three years later, they won their lawsuit against two railroad companies trying to recover some of the loss they suffered.
The storm created w... Full story
- CSET conducting biannual public hearing
- The Community Services Employment Training Board of Directors will be holding a public hearing to receive input on services in Tulare County.
Every two years, CSET conducts a Community Action Plan to assess current community needs and propose... Full story
- Suspected Tulare bank robber shot in Visalia
- A Visalia man suspected of holding up a Tulare bank was shot and wounded Monday evening in Visalia.
Nolan Burchett, 33, of Visalia is the man police said committed the armed robbery inside a Wells Fargo Bank in Tulare on Monday.
Tulare Police... Full story
- Police explorers take first place in competition
- Twelve Porterville Police Explorers traveled to compete in the Kern County Memorial Explorer Competition this weekend in Tehachapi and took first place in one event in the squad’s second year of participating.
The event had 13 different Explor... Full story
- State's top cop looking into redevelopment matter
- Attorney general asked to offer opinion
- California Attorney General Kamala Harris’s office has sought comment from several people in the community regarding the purchase of land by a city council member within a redevelopment zone.
The attorney general’s inquiry stems from a r... Full story
- Chamber honored for business advocacy
- Fourth time for statewide honor
- The California Chamber of Commerce announced the Porterville Chamber of Commerce as one of 25 chambers — out of 350 local chambers — honored with the President’s Circle of Excellence in Advocacy award.
The recognition, first ... Full story
- Local fruit stands represent area well
- MICHAEL LINGBERG
- Why go to a supermarket for fruit when you can get it straight from the farmers? There are several fruit stands around the area that offer fruit that is fresher and tastier than what can be found at the grocery store.
Sanchez Farms Fruit Yard, open ... Full story
- Officials issue smoke health caution
- Wildfires impact east side of air basin
- THE RECORDER
- Two wildfires in the Sierra Nevada are sending smoke emissions to the Valley air basin, prompting local air officials to issue a health cautionary statement.
Wildfires are burning in Madera and Mariposa counties, and smoke may impact the eastern par... Full story
- Campaign launched to halt effort to rescind LGBT proclamation
- THE RECORDER
- Local Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender residents came together last week to launch a new group entitled Porterville Equality and Fairness For All, or PEFA.
PEFA was formed because council member of Brian Ward’s request to have the procla... Full story
- Friant water allocation increased again
- Users see 5 percent hike
- THE RECORDER
- The city of Lindsay got a little more breathing room this summer, as its water allocation from the Friant-Kern canal has been upped to 55 percent of Class 1 water.
Last week, the Bureau of Reclamation announced the water allocation increase for the ... Full story