Chimney fire damages mobile home
A chimney is to blame for a fire that heavily damaged a mobile home Saturday.
The fire broke out just after 10 a.m. in the 32000 block of Success Valley Drive. The Tulare County Fire Department reports that when firefighters arrived, they found a double-wide mobile home with smoke coming from the attic. There was heavy damage to the roof directly over the fireplace and charring to the home in the attic above the living room.
The fire department reports that after the investigation it was determined that the fire was caused by heat coming off the chimney and igniting the insulation in the attic.
No injuries were reported.