Fire put out by residents Tuesday
The Tulare County Fire Department responded to a fire at a home Tuesday afternoon to find the resident had put out the fire, the TCFD reported.
The report of the fire was received at 4:41 p.m. Tuesday at a residence in the 13200 block of Road 112.
When fire personnel arrived, they saw no visible signs of fire, and the residents of the house told them that it has been extinguished. Responders checked the area where the fire broke out, which was around the back door of the residence, to ensure that the fire had been properly extinguished.
Investigation of the site revealed that the fire was probably started by ashes from a cigarette which was left smoldering behind the stucco wall by the back door.
The fire fighters removed the stucco and found that one of the 2 foot x 8 foot boards that form the floor joint had smoldered.
No one was injured.